Monday, August 24, 2009

Promise More News is Coming

I'm so sorry it's been ages since I've written. Life has been crazy this summer, with hours upon hours of researching, writing, and editing. I'm in my last week of writing my dissertation, and 20,000 words later, I CANNOT wait for it to be over. However, it's quite a bittersweet time, because in the next 10 days, everyone that I have known as part of my life this year will disperse into their separate corners of the world...something I try not to think about often because it makes me very sad.

I am writing to you right now from a secret garden I've discovered here in St Andrews this summer. A very nice elderly couple has opened up their beautiful garden for visitors to enjoy the amazing views, while at the same time making a donation to charity. You walk down a winding sidewalk engrossed on both sides with rose buses, beautiful hydrangias, and tons of other colorful flowers. When you reach the end of the walkway, you are standing against a wrought-ironed fence right on the edge of the North Sea. You can see West Sands and the Old Course off in the distance. Absolutely breathtaking. It's a lovely place to bring a cup of tea or coffee and have a peaceful morning. So tranquil and amazing to look at the beauty of creation. It's sunny this morning, yet quite crisp, about 64 degrees. I've found it such a rewarding place to do work, so I'm sitting here this morning just writing away. Look for pictures soon of the garden! (I'll post them when I finish with this dissertation - this is actually breaking the rules writing on the blog right now, as I should be avoiding all forms of distraction!)

The dissertation is due one week from today, yet I have full intentions of turning it in sometime this week. It must be printed and bound like a book as well. Stay tuned in the next week for an update about what's happened this summer!!!! Sorry to keep you all waiting!! Sending Much Love across the Atlantic!!

No comments: